Seven Reasons to Replace Your Windows
May 4, 2020
Whether it’s up on the roof or down in the basement, it seems like there’s always something around the house that can either be upgraded or replaced. Making these upgrades isn’t always easy or inexpensive, but it always pays massive dividends in the long run. Replacing your windows in Denver, CO is no different. Keep reading to learn a few of the many reasons to replace your old windows today:
- Reduce energy costs: The top reason to replace your old windows is to save money on your monthly heating and cooling bills. By replacing old windows, homeowners can save up to 30 percent on their bills each month. New, double-pane windows can be expensive, but with the amount you’ll save on your heating and cooling costs, they can pay for themselves in just a few years.
- Increase comfort levels: Since new windows do a better job at blocking outside air from coming in and retaining your home’s heat, everyone will be more comfortable inside. After replacing those old single-pane windows, you’ll no longer have to worry about a cold blast of air slipping through the windows on chilly nights.
- Extend HVAC lifespan: Your furnace and air conditioning systems work hard to heat and cool your home throughout the year. Constantly cycling on and off when the temperature changes inside can really take a toll on the units, which means they’re more likely to break down or need replacement. Replacing your windows makes it easier to control the indoor temperature, significantly prolonging your HVAC system’s lifespan in the process.
- Secure your home: New windows keep your body more comfortable and help put your mind at ease. By replacing your windows in Denver, CO, you can improve your home security without investing in an expensive security system. Today’s windows are more resilient and harder for would-be robbers to break. So, you’ll be able to sleep easy at night knowing your family and possessions are secure.
- Protect interior from UV damage: The sun’s UV rays do more than just cause sunburns—they’re also responsible for fading your flooring, furniture, artwork and pretty much anything else inside. You can slow the fading process by keeping your blinds closed, but the best way to stop fading is by upgrading your windows. New windows have a protective layer that reflects UV rays, ensuring they don’t fade your belongings while also keeping your home cool.
- Limit noise levels: Those who live in a busy area know how annoying and frustrating it is to constantly hear commotion coming from outside. Though we can’t do anything to stop that, we can reduce the noise you hear by replacing your windows. Double-pane windows block noise much better than single-pane windows, so you’ll be living in peace and quiet in no time.
- Boost resale value: After taking all of the points above into consideration, it’s easy to see how investing in new windows can increase a home’s resale value. Along with fetching more on the market, a home with new windows is more attractive to potential buyers.
With higher temperatures right around the corner, late spring is a great time to start thinking about replacing your windows in Denver, CO. Schedule a consultation with the experts at Reliable Glazing today to get started on the process!
Categorised in: Window Replacement