How to Replace a Window Pane
The rapidly changing weather in Colorado takes a toll on your business or homes windows. Over the years you can start to see the wear and tear this puts on them. When you start to see damages to your windows, such as cracks and chips or condensation between your glass and panes, it may be time for a window pane replacement. It’s vital to keep the extreme weather out, but let in the natural light sunny Colorado brings.
Steps to Replacing a Window Pane
It’s important you wear safety gloves during the replacement process to avoid any cuts, especially if the glass in your window has already broken. Laying a sheet or cloth down could be helpful here as well to catch debris.
- Remove the glass from the frame.
- Using a putty knife, remove the putty from the window pane. Making sure any remaining glazing or glue along the borders of the pane have been removed.
- Using a caulking gun, use glazing putty to apply the putty to the window opening.
- Apply the glass into the frame on top of the window glazing.
- Using the putty knife again, slide multiple glazing points into the frame on top of the glass to get your glass in the perfect position.
- Apply more glazing putty to the other side of the frame to secure the window, smoothing it out with a putty knife.
- It will take a couple of days for the putty to fully dry, dependent on weather. Once dry, taking a razor blade to the putty will help clean any edges.
Learning how to replace a double pane window is very similar, but as the name suggests, there are two sheets of glass as opposed to the one. The two window panes are just held together with an adhesive resin.
How Much Does it Cost to Replace a Window Pane?
The cost of replacing your windows varies on type, window size, single pane, double pane and varying other factors. On average, you can expect to spend between $500-$700 per window with materials and labor combined. But if the work is not done correctly, it can result in leaky windows, driving up your energy costs.
Have Your Window Pane Replaced by Colorado’s Glazing Professionals
Consult one of our professionals today to replace your windowpane correctly and efficiently. We can help you complete the task stress-free without worrying or spending your time learning how to do so. Reliable Glazing is here to ensure the quality of work is up to your, and our standards. Contact us today for a quote and to answer any questions you may have.Tags: replacement, window pane
Categorised in: Home Glass Replacement, Window Glass Repair, Window Replacement, Windows